Staci M. Yandle
After 20 years of practice, Staci M. Yandle opened her own firm in 2007 to concentrate on representing victims of medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, defective products, and civil rights violations. She practices in St. Clair and Madison counties as well as throughout Southern Illinois and the metropolitan St. Louis area.
Staci is an active member of many professional organizations including the American Association for Justice (formerly the American Trial Lawyers Association). Staci regularly presents on topics ranging from trial practice to gender considerations in the practice of law. She has also served as an adjunct professor at St. Louis University School of Law. Staci’s career has been committed to advocating in the courtroom and beyond for those who have been wrongfully injured.
- University of Illinois, B.A., Political Science, 1983
- Vanderbilt Law School, J.D., 1987
- Illinois, 1987
- Missouri, 2003
- Illinois Supreme Court, 1987
- United States District Court, Southern District of Illinois, 1988
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, 1991
- Supreme Court of Missouri, 2003
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2009
Honors and Awards
- American Association for Justice Marie Lambert Award – 2012
- American Association for Justice Distinguished Service Award – 2010 and 2011
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America Distinguished Service Award – 2006
- American Association for Justice (Formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- Former Member, Board of Governors
- Former Executive Committee Member
- Former Chair of the Minority Caucus
- Former Chair of the Women’s Caucus
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- National Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Metro East Bar Association
- Past President
- Public Justice
- St. Clair County Bar Association
- Former Member of the Board of Directors
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- N.A.A.C.P.Member, Legal Adviser to the East St. Louis Branch
- Public Citizen
- The National Consumer Voice for Quality Long-Term Care (Formerly the National Citizen’s Coalition for Nursing Home Reform)
- “Direct Examination – The Challenge of Proving Non-Economic Damages.” The American Association for Justice 2011 Annual Convention; New York, NY.
- “Screening: The Most Important Part of Your Case.” The American Association for Justice Nursing Home Litigation Group; October, 2009; Memphis, TN.
- “When Settlement Is Your Best Option – Ethical Considerations.” The American Association for Justice 2009 Annual Convention; San Francisco, CA.
- “Leaving the Male-Dominated Firm – The Ethical and Business Decision for the Woman Trial Lawyer.” The American Association for Justice 2008 Annual Convention; Philadelphia, PA.
- “Voir Dire When Ethnic Or Gender Bias Is A Concern.” The American Association for Justice 2007 Mid-Winter Convention; Miami, FL.
- “Strategies in Mediation.” The Association for Trial Lawyers of America 2001 Mid-Winter Convention; New Orleans, LA.
- “Fight Like A Woman, Win Like A Man: Negotiation Skills.” The American Association for Justice 2006 Annual Convention; Seattle, WA.
- “Tips For Handling Nursing Home Cases.” Illinois Trial Lawyers Association Trial Seminar; September, 2006; St. Louis, MO.
- “Gender: Its Impact on the Litigation Process – When the Litigant Is A Woman.” The Association of Trial Lawyers of America 2003 Annual Convention; San Francisco, CA.